Monday, January 31, 2011

weekend recap

Well this was Matt's last weekend before the dreaded D-Day. Normally I have lots of things on our "to-do" list each weekend: groceries, costo, dog park, clean, laundry, etc. Fun chores I just KNOW Matty looks forward to! I mean I do, but then again I love to clean! :) But for the past few weeks I have tried to keep those chores to an absolute minimum (meaning the house hasn't been cleaned in a month or so...ewww!) so we would be able to enjoy our time together, and this weekend was no exception.

Friday: The plan was to have a "date night": dinner, maybe a movie, just the two of us spending time together. However, by the time I got home plans had changed. Matt helped Sara move the rest of her stuff into a storage unit and she wanted to repay the favor by taking us to dinner. So we used my La Jolla Brewhouse groupon and all went out together. That was followed by a trip to PB bar and Grill! Oh boy. I was not really in the mood for this at all. Think quiet relaxing evening....PB Bar and Grill is not that. But, since Matt really wanted to go, and I was told we wouldn't stay out too late, I thought what the hell, it's Friday live a little! And, it was actually a lot of fun! We had some beers, some laughs and some fireball whiskey.

Hilarious quote of the night (we are driving home, maybe 10-15 mins til we get there):
Matt - "pull over I have to pee"
Shannon - "can't you just wait until we get home?"
Matt - "no. I drank a lot more then you"
Shannon - "no I just manage my pee pee cycle better then you"

Thank you whiskey and beer...you create good memories!

Saturday: This was a good day! We started off with an amazing brunch with Jon and Tina at The Cottage in La Jolla. They have amazing food!! I mean wow. For anyone that hasn't been there, definitely go! And it was so great to spend time with Jon and Tina before Matt leaves. I know I will see them when he is gone, but it was nice to do a little double date and catch up on life. And on our way from La Jolla we stopped at the beach:
Afterwards Matt and I went and got a couples massage together. It was so relaxing! It put us both in a great mood for the rest of the day, I mean, how could it not? And since it was his last Saturday night in San Diego, we thought what better way to spend the evening then singing and drinking all night?! So we went to JT's, Matt's favorite bar, for one final night of karaoke. It was so much fun! It was surprisingly not too crowded for a Saturday night, which was great because Matt & Kim got to sing 3 or 4 songs! In fact, I even sang a song! I sang Carrie Underwood "All American girl" with the help of Kim since I was a little too nervous to sing on my own. Matt loves that song, and I thought it would be a little something for him to reminisce about while he is away. And the good news: I didn't totally suck! yay!
Matty and I
Kim and I at JT's
Sunday: Matt and I started the day at the shooting range:

robbers beware I'm packing heat
Then we went to see "The King's Speech". I highly recommend that movie. Really really good!

And after picking up Phil's BBQ for dinner, we headed home to celebrate Harley's 3rd birthday!!! Our baby boy is getting so big! I really can't believe that he is 3 already....thats like 21 in dog years which is a HUGE birthday! So, to celebrate, I made him a cake. Yes people, I bake for my dog. It actually saves us money on buying expensive dog treats and its all natural (thanks Mer for the cookbook!!). And he LOVES it! :) In fact, he was so excited about his birthday that he insisted I buy him a birthday hat and invite his friend Miles over for the fun! And so I did and it was a great little birthday party.  
he is so excited for his party!!

getting ready for cake!

sooo sleepy from all the fun!
I know what you're thinking: this girl is crazy! Well yes I suppose that is true. I am crazy in love with my hubby and my fur child. And, if Harley gets this kind of treatment on his birthday, imagine what our kids parties will be like?! Over the top and a lot of fun?! Can't wait!

So I must say, this was a pretty awesome weekend. We did a lot of stuff we have been putting off for a while, we went out and spent time with close friends, and we spent lots of time cuddling, talking and just being with each other. We had a lot of laughs and created a lot of memories, memories that we will use to help us get throught the rough times over the next couple of months. That's why I wanted to "journal" this weekend....while it may be a little boring for some of you to read, I wanted to have it written down so I can go back and reminisce about all the fun we had on his last weekend here.

1 comment:

Jen said...

It's not boring at all! I love it, reading the every day stuff makes you guys feel a lot closer than you are!! Oh, and I love the earrings you wore to JT's ;o)