Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Ahhhh Valentine's Day. The day of love. Let me start this off with our love story:

It was a Wednesday in San Diego which meant: In Cahoots night! The girls and I usually went every Wednesday for line dancing and cheap drinks. After arriving and claiming our spot, Samyjo and I went off to the ladies room. And when we returned there were two guys sitting at our table. Not cool. Not cool at all. So, I proceeded to get a little attitude and ask them why they were there and low and behold, they knew my friend Kim! It didn't take long before Matt and I got to chatting, ok flirting. And after realizing he was not only handsome, but very nice, we started making out like teenagers! It was great! (don't worry Mom, I didn't go home with him. It's not my style) I gave him my number, he called, and the rest is history :).

It's been a little over 3 years since that night at In Cahoots and they have been the happiest years of my life. I feel truly blessed to have Matt as my husband. He is my best friend. He believes in me, loves me for who I am, and treats me like a queen. We love doing anything and everything together and I feel like we bring out the best in each other. I could not ask for a better partner. I am excited for all that life has in store for us! And while this separation is not fun, I know that our love will only grow over the next few months. Our marriage and our friendship will be stronger when this is all over. We can do it baby! I love you!!

A quote to live by:

“Let your love be stronger than your hate or anger. Learn the wisdom of compromise, for it is better to bend a little than to break. Believe the best rather than the worst. People have a way of living up or down to your opinion of them. Remember that true friendship is the basis for any lasting relationship. The person you choose to marry is deserving of the courtesies and kindnesses you bestow on your friends. Please hand this down to your children and your children’s children: the more things change, the more they are the same.” -- Jane Wells, Written in 1886 (thanks Charli! :http://manwifeanddog.com/)

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Treasure today and everyday you have together.

1 comment:

Charli Penn said...

Yay! Glad you enjoyed and shared! :-)

You're so welcome!

http://manwifeanddog.com/