Wednesday, April 13, 2011

military life wednesday: feeling the love

I have a love tank and it is full! It is probably overflowing a bit right now. Let me explain: all of us have a "love tank", kinda like a gas tank, or a jar. When its full, you are happy and content. You feel appreciated by your family and friends, you enjoy every day of your life and you spread the love around. Your love tank can be filled up all sorts of ways. Spending time with your favorite people, going on a trip with someone special, hearing "I love you" or just snuggling on the couch. When deployment first started, I felt a little empty. I was missing Matt and all the little things we did together. I honestly didn't think I would be truly happy again until he returned. But lately, my love tank has been extra full and here is why: 

  • I have amazing friends. I hear horror stories about how when your husband gets deployed you will find out who your true friends are. That not everyone will be able to handle the situation and your friendships may suffer. Thank God I have not had that happen to me. If anything, my friends have stepped up more! They have made sure to call me and include me and support me in any way they can. We go out for drinks, hang out on the weekend, dance at In Cahoots! I do not feel alone at all and I am so glad they are all a part of my life.
  • I have the best husband in the world. He is perfect, for me. My Mom said it best, "you hit the lotto with him". Yep, in the game of Life, I hit the jackpot when I found Matty and convinced him to marry me. :) He loves me for me, tells me how special I am all the time, and spoils me rotten. He does all the right things to make me feel loved, every single day. Even from far away he communicates his love and devotion. He makes time to call me when I need him to, he responds to my gazillion emails (seriously, I write A LOT), and he sends me flowers! All important, all appreciated. Thanks baby!
  • I have a super supportive family. Thanks family! They do all sorts of amazing things to show their love. Perfect example: right after Matt left I got a package in the mail from Jen and Jim! They went out of their way to put something together for me. A cute purse,candy, a book, face masks, and a beautiful card. That really meant a lot. I really felt the love, and I really needed it at that time. My mom is super awesome in this area too. She is always sending me cute cards and calling me just to chit chat. And she loves to come and visit! Nothing says I love you like quality time together. It's nice to know you have a great family that is there for you when you need them.

All of these things, added up, has my love tank overflowing. Despite the deployment, I love life. I would not change a thing. I know this deployment will make my marriage stronger. I know I will be a more confident and independent woman. I know I will have a better relationship with my sister. I know I will have more friends, true friends, best friends. I am happy. Thank you to all of you who have made me feel this way. Thank you for being you.

look at all the love filling up my jar <3

No comments: