Wednesday, April 27, 2011

military life wednesday: song inspiration

We all have good days and bad days. In the beginning of deployment I had more bad than good, but lately its been just the opposite. It's definitely better, but sometimes I still need a little inspiration, especially when something goes wrong. Like today....

Our Jeep has a small radio issue, and one of the electronic keys needs to be replaced. Today on my lunch I was planning on swinging by the dealership and taking care of those (or at least getting a real estimate). So, I throw my stuff into the Jeep and take off for work. I get around the corner when I realize I forgot the broken key. I head back home, park the Jeep, get out and grab the key from the house. I get back in the Jeep and it won't start. Radio won't turn on, doors won't lock, car won't even attempt to turn over. Lovely. Matt is gone, I hate car issues, FML. (I am the girl on the side of the road with a flat, balling her eyes out. Seriously hate all car issues.) I try everything and then say screw it and take Hillary (my Honda) to work. On my way in I discuss the issue with Rachel and she thinks it is a loose battery connection. Not so bad (I hope). I plan to go home on my lunch and try to fix it....please oh please let it work! I do NOT want to tow it in to the shop. And right before vacation....ugh!! Is it just me or does everything seem to go wrong as soon as your husband leaves for deployment?

To help me feel better and to give me a little boost of confidence I play Rascal Flatts "Stand":

You feel like a candle in a hurricane
Just like a picture with a broken frame
Alone and helpless
Like you've lost your fight
But you'll be alright, you'll be alright

Cause when push comes to shove
You taste what you're made of
You might bend, till you break
Cause its all you can take
On your knees you look up
Decide you've had enough
You get mad you get strong
Wipe your hands shake it off
Then you Stand, Then you stand


Life's like a novel
With the end ripped out
The edge of a canyon
With only one way down
Take what you're given before its gone
Start holding on, keep holding on


Cause when push comes to shove
You taste what you're made of
You might bend till you break
Cause it's all you can take
On your knees you look up
Decide you've had enough
You get mad, you get strong
Wipe your hands, shake it off
Then you stand, then you stand


Everytime you get up
And get back in the race
One more small piece of you
Starts to fall into place
Oh

Cause when push comes to shove
You taste what you're made of
You might bend till you break
Cause it's all you can take
On your knees you look up
Decide you've had enough
You get mad, you get strong
Wipe your hands, shake it off
Then you stand, then you stand

That song really inspires me. I can and will take care of everything that goes wrong! I can handle anything that gets thrown at me (I hope!) and I will make it through. And every time I do something that normally Matt would handle, I gain a little independance, self confidence, and knowledge.

No comments: