Friday, April 15, 2011

my love homework: post-it

One of my favorite blogs, Man Wife Dog Blog, had this really great idea: weekly love homework. We all know that marriage is work, hard work, yet rewarding work. You are constantly learning new things, in fact I don't think you could ever learn enough. Things are always changing, people are constantly evolving, your relationship is always different. You need to find ways to stay on top of it all, to spread the love around, to make your partner feel valued. I am always in need of new wifey skills, so I thought I should definitely enroll in the love challenge. I know I will have to get extra creative since my hubby is deployed, and I may not be able to participate in all the weekly assignments, but figured I should still give it a go!!

Assignment #1: write a little message on a post-it for your husband and leave it somewhere he will find it. My post-it for Matty:



The "somewhere" I left it: his inbox. I emailed it to him, making sure he will get it right when he wakes up, or right when he checks his email for the day. And his response: "Aww that's so nice! Thank you! Love you baby!". I'll venture to say it was a nice way to start the day. Little love note in your inbox.

The story behind the note: There are a million things I could write on a post it for him. I had to think for a while about what I really wanted to tell him. I chose to remind him of our wedding and how true the lyrics of the song he sang me are. Every day, even though he is not here, I love him more. Our love grows and changes in ways that we never expected. We have had to find interesting and new ways to communicate because of the distance, and so far it is all working rather well. I would definitely say our relationship is stronger today than when we got married, that we love each other more today than the day we got married. And our love will continue to grow every day for the rest of our lives. It gives me the warm and fuzzies! :)

Do you want to participate in the love homework too? Click on the badge below and join in!!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

This is so fun! Last week I left my hubby a sticky note folded inside his dollar bills inside his wallet, the night before he left for a boys weekend. When he got home he showed me the note and said he found it, and loved it, so he kept it tucked in there all weekend. :) It made me so happy he kept it, and it made him happy to find it there waiting for him. :)

ManWifeDog said...

I absolutely LOVE that you e-mailed it to him!! What a way to adapt. I can already see who the star pupil will be in this class. ; - )

I'm so glad it went well for you and thanks so much for joining the link up party fun!