Wednesday, June 22, 2011

i love you because...

If you were to complete the phrase, "I love you because"... what would you say?

Last week I gave Matt and myself some homework...put together a list of 10 things you love about the other person. Not just "smart, beautiful", but something quirky or unique that makes them special. You gotta dig deep! I think it is very important to do something like this. It makes you appreciate your spouse for who they are, and it will make you feel very special and loved when you read all the nice things they wrote about you.

Today is all about me (don't worry, tomorrow will be all about Matt). Here is the list of 10 things Matt loves about me:

1. I love that we have the same life goals and want to do the same stuff when we get older; it makes it easier to visualize our future together.

2. I love how thoughtful you are when it comes to making me feel like you care when you give cards or gifts; you just seem to know exactly what to say.

3. I love how supportive you are with my career and how flexible you have been with moving and changing jobs and stuff. It lets me know that you really care about the success and well being of our family.

4. I love that you take such great care of Harley; it lets me know you will be a good Mom.

5. I love the fact that we like to do the same activities and that you aren't afraid to try new things. I'm so proud of how good of a skier you have become!

6. I love that you are just as comfortable drinking a beer in jeans and a t-shirt as you are drinking champagne while wearing a dress, high-heels, and jewelry. I feel like we can fit in anywhere together. You do a great job adjusting to any situation!

7. I love that you are crafty. You always seem to have something cool that you are working on to create. From scrap books, to Christmas wreaths, to cake jars, to recipe books. I'm sure you will be a great birthday party activity planner for our kids when they get older!

8. I love how good of a cook and baker you have become. When we first got together I was a little worried about this one, but you definitely proved me wrong. You have become an awesome cook and I look forward to more of your recipes in the years to come!

9. I love that you work out. I feel like we have a whole new world of working out to discover together. I want to do more of this when I get home. It's great that you are getting into running. It will be another activity we can do together as a couple.

10. I love that you are stylish. I am always jealous of how great you look when we leave the house. I can't compete. You have cool work clothes that make you look hot too.

Good job Matty!! I am actually a little jealous I didn't think of a few of these first (dang it). And I'm sure it wouldn't be fair to copy. hmmm...what do I love about Matt??! Let me count the ways...

keep reading...tomorrow is Matt's day. :)

1 comment:

Meredith said...

I wish that I could 'like' this blog post! What a great idea for both of you! And what sweet lists! :)