Tuesday, August 30, 2011

goodbye deployment....hello hubby!

It is hard to believe that 7 months has already passed and we are less than 24 hours away from Matt's return home. Insanity I tell you. Really, where did the time go? And yet this still doesn't feel real. And I'm pretty sure it won't hit me until I am leaving for the airport tomorrow morning to go pick him up. In fact, just writing that has my tummy in knots. In a good way. I am excited and nervous and happy all at the same time. I still have no idea what I'm going to wear, but I have at least narrowed it down to 3 outfits, and I plan to have a little fashion show tonight to choose the winner. And I'm pretty sure it will be close to impossible to sleep tonight.

Tomorrow is going to be a crazy day filled with all sorts of emotions and I can't wait! I feel like tomorrow is the beginning of a new chapter of our lives. We made it through deployment....check...now on to the reunion and second honeymoon and spending unlimited amounts of time together! I know there will be an adjustment period but I am hoping the transition goes smoothly and its like we were never apart. And I plan to blog about it regardless (babe, that was your warning). haha. No matter what, it will make us a stronger couple with an even better relationship.

I want to take a moment to say THANK YOU to all our family and friends. Because of your support and love, I have been able to get through this deployment without losing my mind. You have kept me occupied and invited me places and just listened when I needed to vent. And you have also been there for Matt, sending him packages and emails throughout the last 7 months. Those were huge morale boosters for him and they really made him feel special. I know we could not have done it without all of you by our side. We love you all!

p.s. pictures and video of the reunion will be posted later this week. A special thank you to Sara and Brandy who are going in late to work tomorrow so they can be there to capture this very special day! Who's excited?? ME!

No comments: