Monday, October 3, 2011

a pretty big change

Last night was very monumental for me. It was the last time I will ever wear contacts (fingers crossed). Today I am officially contact free, but still blind. I will be rocking my glasses for a week, and then I will be getting Lasik! I am happy and excited and very nervous. It's an investment in my future. I want to be able to see when I wake up in the morning, I want to go swimming and not be worried about a contact falling out, I want to fall asleep on the couch and not get the annoying dry eye, and I when we have kids, I want to be able to get up at 2am and SEE! I seriously can't even imagine. I know after the surgery I will have some moments when I wake up, able to see, and freak out that I left my contacts in overnight. For those of you with contacts, you understand how frightening that can be. LOL. I am also super nervous I am going to come out of the surgery blind. I know the likelihood is very small, but still, there is a chance. I am also not thrilled about being able to see what they are doing during the surgery. Luckily it is a short procedure, but still....a laser coming at you like that.....not cool.

So this week will be interesting. I will have to workout with my glasses on. Not sure how this is going to go, but it's only a week, I can do it. And I know I am going to be super nervous, especially next Monday at this time. Eeekkk! Might have to post how freaked out I am before I go in. And then another post about how I can see! Again, fingers crossed.The good news: Matty is going to be with me the whole time. And he had PRK a few years ago so he knows what it's like. He plans to take good care of me. :)

2 comments:

Meredith said...

I am thinking about you!! And I want to hear all about it! I sooo want lasik!!

Samantha said...

How exciting! Yay for being able to see without contacts or glasses!