2 cups Almond Flour
1/4 cup flaxseed meal
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup chopped nuts (I added sliced almonds but walnuts would be yum!)
4 really ripe bananas (mashed)
2 tbsp honey (local if possible)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375F
2. Sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl add the mashed bananas, eggs, honey, vanilla, and mix well.
4. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Stir until combined.
5. Fill greased muffin tins, baking cups, or loaf pan. Bake muffins 23-25 minutes, loaves for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Let cool slightly and enjoy!
The finished product:
gluten-free, grain-free and dairy-free! yum!
I will give a word of warning....don't alter the recipe too much. I couldn't find almond flour, but I had coconut at home. I decided to use the coconut flour instead and just reduce the amount since it is drier than the almond flour. It didn't work at all. It didn't bake and was a hot mess. I ended up tossing it (so sad). If you are having a hard time finding the almond flour, try Trader Joe's, Henry's, Sprout's, or a local co-op. Any place that sells all natural foods should have it.
While I was inside slaving away, this is what my boys were doing: