Tuesday, November 22, 2011

weekend recap: bootcamp, football and craft day

Our Saturday started off how it usually does, with a little of this....


and lots of this....



A typical Saturday morning and exactly how I love to start my weekend. The workout is over and I can shower and start my day. I feel much more productive and a lot less lazy. I have also convinced Matt to go with me on Saturdays now too. He doesn't love it yet, but he admits it's a great workout and we get to spend more time together, so that's a nice little bonus.

After our sweat session was complete I decided to clean the house (one less thing to do after we get back from our trip) and Matt took Mr H to dog beach. Harley hadn't been out there in a while and needed to run off a little energy too. Plus, it meant I had the house to myself and could get stuff done much faster.

The rest of our Saturday revolved around finishing up some much needed errands for our trip (new camera lens!) and then finally we went to see The Descendants together. Mini date night. It was a pretty good movie and a great way to end the day.

For Sunday, instead of doing chores we decided to take it easy and spend time with friends. We headed up north to Jessica and Joe's place for the day. A bunch of girls came over and we all had "craft day". We each bring a craft to do (everyone was doing something different this time) and we craft and drink and chit chat all day. It was actually my first craft day and I am so glad I went. It was so much fun! I managed to complete my project before we left (yay!), so I got to sit around and watch a little football. A perfect Sunday if you ask me (especially since it was raining). And while the girls were busy being artsy, the guys headed off to the local bar to watch the games and eat some food. They were having so much fun we had to call them and ask them to come back. I figured for sure Matt would be pestering me to leave 2 hours after we got there. Nope, we had to go get them. Worked out pretty well and I know we all had a great time at craft day. Unfortunately, I did not get any pictures of all of us packed into the Burgess house having fun, maybe next time. And there will definitely be a next time, maybe even at Casa de Clute. Probably should start thinking about my next craft project....hmmmm.....

Hope everyone else had a great weekend too!

p.s. Can you believe it's already Nov 22?? Time is flying by!



1 comment:

Samantha said...

Love the bootcamp photos and that Matty is doing it with you - yeah!!!