Friday, December 2, 2011

Adventure of a lifetime starts today!!!!!!!

After over a year of talking and planning and saving the day has finally arrived.....we are going on our trip!!! We leave tonight for Sydney! We are both sooo excited. Matt more than me, but only because I still having packing to finish up (slacker!). I think it will really hit me when I get on the plane...in a few short hours....ahhhhh.

I have, however, managed to pack the alcohol. priorities.

The plastic containers you see in the picture are called Rum Runners. They come highly recommended from regular cruise travelers as a way to sneak alcohol on the ship. So we got ourselves a set and filled them with rum, vodka, wine, and my favorite, fireball whiskey. Hopefully we can get them on and save ourselves some money. :) 

 
After arriving in Sydney we plan to board the ship and maybe even take a nap. Then it is time to get up, check out the city, and see it all. We have reservations at Doyle's on the Beach (famous restaurant), which we are super stoked about. After a few days in Sydney the ship will leave for New Zealand. We will be at sea for a few days and then we will go through Milford Sound, Doubtful Sound, and Dusky Sound. I imagine them to be very beautiful and breath taking places.

I googled.....

Then we will start making port visits to some great cities: Dunedin, Akaroa, Wellington, Napier (where we plan to wine taste), Tauranga (where we will bungy jump!), Auckland, and Bay of Islands (diving? jet skis?).

Here is a picture of our bungy jump:
ahhhhh....excited and scared for this!

After a few more days at sea we will be back on land in Sydney. That same day we will be heading to Cairns for a few days to see the Great Barrier Reef. We plan on diving at 3 different locations on the first day, then taking a helicopter tour to see the reef from above on our second day. And in between all this crazy adventure fun there will be a lot of beach time and shopping and relaxing! 

And of course we will miss all of you, especially Harley, but we have been dreaming of this trip for years. We have so many things that we are going to cross off our bucket list by going on this trip: bungy jumping, helicopter ride, scuba diving the reef, etc. It is our trip of a lifetime and I don't know if we will be able to do anything like this again, so we gotta enjoy it while we can! Before the baby Clutes take all our time and money. :)

So obviously I will not be blogging while I am away. But, if you are interested, I will definitely do some recaps when I get back, with tons of fabulous pictures!

p.s. a big thank you to my Mama who is watching Mr H for us! Love you!!  

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Love all the booze packed :) Hope your trip is amazing!! Looking forward to hearing all about when you get home...safe travels! <3 -don't forget your burpees!

Meredith said...

I got to work today and remembered you wouldn't be at work!! For a very good reason!! I hope you are having the best time!!! xoxo