Friday, February 24, 2012

baby bump or belly bloat?

Hopefully all of you are just as excited about baby Clute as we are, because I have a feeling there will be lots of baby related posts in the future! And for the first one, I figured answering the most common question I get would be a good start.

How are you feeling? Any morning sickness?

Well, no not really. I know, I am very lucky. I almost don't even want to discuss it because I feel like I might jinx myself and end up hanging over the toilet for the next 6 months. Eeek, here goes nothing....

We found out about baby Clute at about 5 weeks along. From then until week 7 I had zero symptoms. And my first doctor appointment wasn't scheduled until week 10! I was so paranoid and concerned that I ended up taking another pregnancy test around week 6. haha. It turned positive in like 30 seconds, no need to wait the full 3 minutes, I was definitely pregnant. That actually made me feel a whole lot better, so wasting $10 on the test was totally worth it. As soon as week 7 hit, so did the morning nausea. Every morning until about lunch time I felt awful. I didn't puke, but I felt icky and food did not sound good at all. I ate crackers as soon as I woke up, and continued with the carb theme throughout the day. My diet did a 180 at this time as well. Before getting pregnant I maintained a low carb diet. We would typically only eat a little bit of carbs during dinner, maybe a piece of toast during breakfast. And you can ask Matt, pasta was NOT allowed in the house. Now, my diet is all carb. Oatmeal or cereal for breakfast, sandwich for lunch, pasta or rice with dinner. Needless to say, Matt is thrilled with the change! I'm sure he thought he would never see the day, and was probably afraid he would be banned from pasta forever. Lucky for him, it is back with a vengeance. I feel a little bad about it, but obviously my body and baby need it, so bring it on!

Thankfully, the morning nausea wore off around week 10. I haven't eaten a saltine cracker since and I am perfectly fine with that. My diet hasn't changed too much yet, but fruit is finally starting to sound good, particularly apples. I have always loved bananas, and now I can add apples to the list. But only the pre-sliced ones, I have no desire to actually eat a whole apple. Weird, I know. I am also currently obsessed with peanut butter. Ever since I heard the theory that you shouldn't eat peanut butter while pregnant because it can give your child a peanut allergy, I have wanted nothing more than peanut butter and honey sandwiches. I did ask my Doctor about it and she assured me it is ok to eat peanut butter. So I am. And I love it. I also love pastries. For a while I was on a salt kick, wanting nothing to do with sweets, but I am now finally starting to crave some deliciously unhealthy pastries. mmmm. So, review it, think it over, and use any random theory you like to predict boy or girl. :)

Today, at week 12, I am feeling pretty normal. I do sometimes get tired during the day, but overall my energy is good and I am able to hang in at bootcamp. I don't work out as hard as I used to and I get fatigued quickly, but I feel great after. They say if you were working out regularly before pregnancy, you can continue during. So I am. I will, of course, modify and cut back as the belly gets bigger or I feel different. But, so far, so good!

And now for the part you have been waiting for: week 11 belly bump photos!!


11w, 4d


It's not much of a bump, and it could easily be mistaken for belly bloat, but I am pretty sure it is our little one. How do I know? Well, it's pretty solid, not squishy. And, I can't suck it in. No matter what, it is always there. It does make my pants a little tighter, but not so bad that I need to upgrade to maternity pants just yet. And I am really looking forward to that. No really. I would love nothing more than to wear stretchy, comfy pants all day long! Soon enough.

Have a good weekend everyone!!

4 comments:

Samantha said...

BABY BUMP! So cute!! Your boobs are going to be ginormous! lol

First Lady C said...

Well that is Definitely true! haha. :)

Lynn said...

VERY CUTE BUMP!

Suzanne said...

can't wait till Tuesday! Baby bumps need to be rubbed! We're gonna have so much fun!