Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Blogiversary!

It's hard to believe that I started this blog a year ago. It started off simple enough: I liked reading other people's blogs, and I thought it might be fun to start my own. I knew I wasn't creative enough to make it a business, but I thought a "journal" type style would suit my purpose. I gave it a test run, let some friends and family read it, and they all seemed to approve. Especially Matt. Once I knew he could access the blog from work and would be reading it regularly, I figured it would be a great way for him to stay up to date on all the things going on at home. As you may recall, last year at this time Matt was on deployment. It was the first time we had been separated like that, and the first time we were unable to communicate on a daily basis. It was hard on us both, but the blog quickly became my therapy during that rough time. Matt looked forward to reading it and seeing all the pictures, and I enjoyed writing for him and everyone else to read. 

And now, somehow, a year has already gone by! Happy Birthday blog! And on that note, I have decided to end the blog....jk....I like it too much. :) It has been a really great learning experience, about myself, writing, the blog world, etc. A big thank you to all of my readers....friends, family, and all the unknowns who stop by. It has been a lot of fun writing these posts, and I hope you have enjoyed following along with the ups and downs of life and love as a Navy wife.

I know this year will be full of all sorts of fun, exciting things. And I look forward to sharing them all with you!! Happy Wednesday everyone!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Happy 1-year to your blog! I can't wait to see what the next year brings!! xoxo

Samantha said...

Happy one year to you and your bloggy! woohoo! and don't you stop, I have a feeling you'll have lots of good things to blog about in the near future! :) kisses!