Wednesday, February 22, 2012

NYE surprise!!

Friends and Family.....I am proud to introduce.....First Baby Clute!

photo taken at 11w3d. 1.8 inches long. 158 heartbeat. Due date: 9/4/12
no that is not a penis, probably a foot or the umbilical cord. :)

I am so excited this day has finally arrived! We have been wanting to share the news with everyone but were patiently waiting until we knew baby Clute was ok and we had a beautiful picture to show off. We had our most recent appointment on Friday where we found out baby Clute is 1.8 inches long and looks perfectly healthy. We saw arms and feet and the most adorable little baby ever! We could not be more excited, and just looking at the picture makes me smile. I still can't believe there is a baby growing in my tummy!!

I am sure all of you are super curious about how/when we found out, how it has been going, etc. So, here is our baby story....

As you know our trip to New Zealand and Australia was our "babymoon". It was going to be our last big trip, just the two of us, before starting a family. We had always dreamed of going and we knew it was now or never (or maybe when we were really old). Before leaving I stopped birth control, thinking it would take a couple of months for my body and cycle to get going regularly again (especially after 10+ year of birth control!). During that time we were just going to have fun and not stress about it. If it happened, it happened. The day after we got back from our trip, December 23, I decided to take a pregnancy test. I wasn't late yet, but I was so curious and the box says you can take it 4 days before your missed period. It was negative. I wasn't too disappointed, it was still early and I figured I would test again in a few days. On December 26 I tested again, negative. At that point I was confident I was not pregnant. I was sure I would instinctively "know" I was pregnant. I figured my body would tell me or I would feel different. Matt, however, was confident I was pregnant. Very confident. 

By New Year's Eve I still had not started my period, and we were scheduled to go party and drink that night. I figured I would take another test so I would know whether my cycle was whack and I could drink, or whether I would be the sober driver. I took the test as soon as I got up and placed in on the tub while I went to brush my teeth and wait for the results. Matt went in a minute or so later to use the bathroom and came out yelling "I TOLD YOU SOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" Needless to say, Matt was right, I was pregnant. Oddly enough, I was still not convinced. I got dressed and drove myself to Walgreen's to get anther pregnancy test to be sure. Again I got a positive result.


Wow. I was blown away. I did not think it would happen so fast!!! Honestly, it seemed way too easy and I was sure it was a fluke. That night we still went out with friends but kept the news to ourselves. It was hard to pretend to drink and just tell everyone I was driving. At one point my friend Kim grabbed my "drink" and was like "are you drinking that or just holding it??" I think they were a little suspicious. :) And when the clock struck midnight, we had something big to celebrate....we knew that 2012 would be a very special year. Our lives are changing in the most amazing way and we are so excited for all the wonderful things that 2012 is going to bring.

Stay tuned for some symptom updates and baby bump photos later this week! :)

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Yay for Baby Clute!! I'm so incredibly happy for you guys and I can't wait to hear about your journey!

Kamini said...

Congrats to you & Matt. I am super excited for the both of you, cant wait for more Baby Clute news. All the best

Lynn said...

Great blog! Congrats to you both, and Harley too!

Mom

Samantha said...

Yay for baby C! I voted :)