Tuesday, May 15, 2012

first baby clute update: week 24

Week 24....wow time is flying. In a few weeks I will be in the third trimester! Holy Moly! I am still feeling great, but definitely more pregnant. The belly is growing so much now that I have started to take on a little waddle. haha. The belly is now a great place to rest my hands, a drink, or spill a snack. And my once very deep innie belly button is quickly becoming an outie. Any week now it is going to just pop out! If it doesn't look totally weird and disfigured I will post a picture here. :)

I am still able to exercise regularly, which has helped me keep my balance (yay), but everything is harder. I definitely feel the extra weight when I am running, and I get exhausted easily. Just the other day I got winded after walking up two flights of stairs. So, I just move a little slower now.

I haven't had any strange food cravings lately, but I am trying to eat more fruit instead of what I wish I was eating....pastries. I usually cave at night after dinner and indulge in a delicious bowl of cereal. yum! (just typing this out made me hungry!)

The most exciting change lately is I am now able to feel the baby move every day. I think she is going to be a very active little girl. She usually wakes up and starts to move after meal time, but I also feel her when I am relaxing on the couch watching TV. Just the other day Matt and I were watching my stomach move! You could see the little thumps from the outside. It is so cool! Although sometimes I wonder what she is doing in there. The rolling movements feel weird and I wonder if she is shifting positions or what. Whatever she is up to, I love it, it is very reassuring and wonderful to feel! Definitely the best part of being pregnant!

This week I thought it would be nice to do a little comparison. Week 15 to week 24....

baby girl has definitely done a lot of growing over the last 9 weeks!

H is very excited about baby. I show him my belly sometimes and he snarfles at it. I imagine she can hear him snarfle and snore, so hopefully she will be used to the sounds when she gets here. Here is H saying hello to baby girl....

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Love the comparison pics and the updates! You look fantastic! Miss you!!