Friday, May 18, 2012

we bought a crib!

This last Sunday was Mother's day, and even though I am not officially a Mom yet, Matt made the day (weekend really) special. On Friday I received a beautiful bouquet of flowers at work. I was so surprised! It made me feel very special and loved :). Thanks baby!

On Saturday we did a special dinner out, Thai food. We figured it would be super packed for brunch on Sunday, so we settled on a Saturday date night instead. I couldn't tell you the last time I had Thai food and it was amazing! Oh pineapple fried rice I have missed you.

For Mother's Day we decided to get up, lounge around the house and enjoy a home cooked breakfast, just us. Waffles, eggs and bacon....yum! I think we both went into a food coma after that so it was a little while before we made it out of the house to run a few errands. And since it was Mother's Day I made a special request: going to look at cribs! I had looked online and at Babies R Us and we had somewhat selected a few we liked already. First up was a baby Cache crib that was my favorite. Matt wasn't too fond of the dresser that went with it, he preferred the Sorelle crib/dresser combo. I really liked the look of the Sorelle, but it was pricier, the crib came all the way to the floor (so no toes could fit under it) and the reviews were iffy. I decided we needed to check out a local store, USA Baby, that carried a wider variety. We walked the floor and actually found one we both loved! And somehow Matt talked me into buying it! And a dresser too! It is a Munire Coventry convertible crib in white. I double checked the reviews and ratings in the Baby Bargains book just to make sure we were getting a good crib, and everything checked out, so the purchase was made. It was a big decision but we are excited to have the furniture purchased and ready for her arrival. Here are some pictures:


the top of this dresser will be used as a changing table too!
Since the furniture is going to be all white, I think we should definitely paint the walls, don't you? I knew you would all agree :). Luckily, Matt has already offered to paint the room for baby girl. So sweet. I can't believe she is going to be here in 3.5 months! Time is flying and we are both so excited to meet her. And on that note, she is kicking me like crazy right now. Little wiggle worm.

Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments: