Wednesday, August 8, 2012

36 week bump photo & update!

It is time for a little bump photo and pregnancy update! I feel like a lot has changed in the last few weeks. The belly is growing (obviously) and I am starting to feel a lot more ready, mostly because I am getting uncomfortable and am running out of things to wear....including shoes! After our trip to Florida it seems like the swelling is a constant issue. I only have two types of shoes I can wear: tennis shoes or sandals. All my close toed slip-ons for work are too tight and uncomfortable. Sorry work, I don't care if my shoes aren't "work appropriate", there is no way I am going to buy new ones right now! You can just deal. :). And even my maternity clothes are tighter now that I am approaching the end. Dresses are pretty much the most comfortable and easiest thing to wear. Plus, it has been hot out here (I know, 80's isn't hot for some of you, but we don't have AC!) so the thought of wearing pants is awful.

And one issue I never even considered or thought I would get: sore joints! I feel like an old lady!! I assume the hands are due to fluid in the joints, and the feet are due to the extra weight. When I get out of bed in the morning my feet are so sore it is hard to walk. It feels like I ran a marathon the day before....barefoot! Thankfully it goes away after 5 minutes or so, but it makes getting up in the middle of the night to pee a lot more challenging. I have to wait and steady myself before starting to walk. We don't need an "I've fallen and I can't get up" incident.

For some good news: As of this Saturday, August 11, we are considered "full term" and can deliver at the birthing center! YAY! Super big important milestone for us!


How far along are you?
36 weeks!
Any contractions yet?
Nope. Although I have had dreams about them the last few nights. Felt very real, but I know if I was actually having one, it would wake me up!
How many pounds have you gained so far?
34lbs
Last day of work?
Tuesday August 21!
Rings: On or Off?
Off since early July. No watch either. Too hot around here!
Do you have a name picked out?
Yes we do! The bedding has her name on it so it's official!
Do you have her first outfit selected?
Yes we do! I just bought an adorable monogrammed onesie. It came with a super cute hat with a giant pink bow. Matt isn't a fan of the hat but I love it!
How are you feeling right about now?
Very pregnant. I am getting more and more uncomfortable as the weeks go on, especially when I need to turn over at night. I am still trying to walk and exercise a few times a week, but I usually have to stop to pee half way through....her head bounces on my bladder! haha.
Do you feel you are ready for her arrival?
Getting there. There are a few more things I would like to get done before she gets here, and a little time off from work to relax would be nice too! But we are ready when she is ready. And we are so excited to meet her! 
Is Harley ready for her arrival?
Ummm...I don't think so. Ever since we came back from Florida he has been sulking around the house. And he has been spending a lot more time with Matt than me. The big belly does make it harder for us to cuddle, but I think he is worried he is being replaced. I know he will love her once she arrives, but there will definitely be an adjustment period. Or maybe he is just annoyed with me....
What? I have to make sure they fit! :)
Any food cravings?
The usual....pastries. I also love cereal for dessert. So good! Oh and fruit during the day...mmm fruit! 
Any random comments or unwanted belly rubs?
At the races last weekend some drunk guy rubbed my belly and slurred "congratulations". It was actually pretty entertaining. Thankfully I don't get too many strangers trying to touch me!

And finally, I got this little outfit this weekend....too cute!!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

You look so great!! Love the update - and the cute onesie!!

Samantha said...

Oh my goodness! Any day now the little "bun" could be done cooking! Hopefully she waits a couple more weeks! I love that you have some monogrammed stuff...I totally wanted to get you some monogrammed clothes, but somebody is keeping the name hush hush! ;) I should be getting something in the mail today or tomorrow for her so be expecting a package from meeee...and Ash too, I guess. :) XO