Wednesday, August 1, 2012

races, baby shower, and bump photo!

Our weekend was crazy busy, in fact, the last few weeks have been that way. Family visitors, photos, wedding, events, etc. It has been a lot of fun, and normally I love being busy, but I think both Matt and I are ready for a few quiet weekends at home before baby arrives. But first, let's recap this last fun filled weekend....

My plan for Saturday morning was to go to the gym then get ready for the Del Mar Races. But after spending Friday evening running errands and baking cookies, I decided a morning of vegging out on the couch was needed. TV, breakfast, and cuddles with Matt and H, it was lovely. Eventually we decided to get dressed, and after putting on the appropriate race attire....I big bouncy hat....we met up with the Fun Bunch and some of the spouses at Del Mar. It was a gorgeous day and we were seated in the shady clubhouse section. I am not a big gambler, but Matt and I did make two bets per race and actually did really well! We walked away with $10 more than what we spent....on betting, if you count the drinks and food then we lost money. haha. It was a lot of fun and very exciting, especially when the horses came around the final turn towards the finish line! Everyone was shouting the name or number of their favorite horse and high-fiving if they won. And after the races were over, Matt and I hit up the roach coaches gourmet food trucks and enjoyed some delicious Greek food before heading home. Yum!

the fun bunch group at the races!
and they're off!
we love white hats! :)
Sunday I actually managed to make it to spin class. Go me! I needed the exercise, and riding the bike is still pretty easy for me (but not for much longer if this belly keeps getting bigger!). After the gym I hit up the grocery store and then got ready for my Fun Bunch baby shower. One of the wives, Valerie, was so sweet and hosted this little gathering at her house. We enjoyed some really delicious food, played some fun games (thanks Vicky!), and did lots of chatting. I stayed much later than anticipated, but that's what happens when you get a bunch of women in a room! I love spending time with these ladies and am so blessed to have such great friends and family who already love and spoil our little girl.


hard to see, but these are cute little bibs that
 say "navy princess". love!

Thank you everyone for the coming to the shower and for all the adorable gifts for baby girl!

And finally, an official 35 weeks bump photo:


Matt is one talented bump photographer! And he never complains when I ask him to take more. Thanks baby, love you!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Love the bump...still looking fabulous! She is so close to making her debut!! I hope you and Matt get plenty of rest before she makes her big arrival!