There are only a few last minute items that aren't in the bags yet, but I have written them on a list so we won't forget them (hopefully!). Here is what we are taking with us when we head to the birthing center.....
- 2 receiving blankets
- One newborn onesie, one 3 month onesie
- PJ set
- Socks, mittens, and cute hair bows!
- 4 diapers
- Wipes & blanket (in the car, just in case)
- Battle gown
- 2 nursing bras - one for the tub, one for after
- Extra undies and socks
- Sweatpants & nursing tank for after
- Toiletries - hair ties, hairbrush, lotion, toothbrush, toothpaste, mouth wash
- Swim trunks for the tub
- Comfy change of clothes
- Music (on iPod)
- Candles (special ones my Mom got us)
- Tennis Balls (help with back labor)
- Water/Juice/Snacks/Hard Candy/Honey - to keep up my energy
- Camera and Camcorder (as well as the chargers!)
|Bag for Mommy and Baby!|
|Both bags packed and ready to go!|
I used the Birthing Center's list, added some items our birthing class recommended (honey & tennis balls!), and reviewed the lists I've seen online to create my packing list above. Depending on where you plan to give birth and what supplies they have available, your list will vary slightly. I do recommend packing before the 38 week mark, just in case, but thankfully that wasn't an issue for us! :) I do feel a huge sense of relief knowing we are "ready to go" and it makes it even more real when I see the bags every day. A little reminder that she will be here any moment!
After baby girl arrives and we are settled in at home, I will have to tell you which items were "must haves" during labor and after. Until then.....