Monday, October 8, 2012

Happy 1 Month Charlotte!

Wow time sure does fly! It is hard to believe that Charlotte is already a month old! We managed to keep her alive and happy (most of the time) for a whole month :). Our baby girl is growing up so fast!! We did a little photo shoot this morning just for the blog post....



Harley kept an eye on his baby the entire time
Life sure has changed. It is wonderful, but boy is it different! What used to take me 2 hours now takes me 7 (if I get it done at all). And some days I feel like I just sit around and watch TV all day long. I usually feed her downstairs, and she eats every 2 hours, so I get a lot of TV watching in. I really should start reading a book while I feed her, my mind needs a TV break :). We have managed to get out of the house a few times, but only for short periods. We've been to dog beach, the grocery store, Balboa park, Target, and a walk to the mailbox! I get stir crazy and need to get out of the house to do anything. But she is still a little unpredictable and I hate being somewhere public when she starts to cry. I feel like people are thinking "shut that baby up!" or "take that kid outside". I am sure some people understand, but it makes me nervous. When the feedings are further apart I think we will venture out even more. I know Harley would appreciate another trip to dog beach! 




Even though it is hard work, I love being a Mom (still weird to say btw)! I love her more and more every single day. She is our world and I can't imagine life without her! I love taking care of her. Providing everything she needs, when she needs it, and watching her grow and change every single day is amazing. I still think of her as my little newborn, but she is already so different from the first day we brought her home. She is lifting her head and holding it up for short periods of time. She is so much more alert and spends a lot of time just looking around at anything and everything. She loves when Daddy comes home in his blue camos.....the pattern just mesmerizes her! And the little noises she makes?! I call her my little squeaker because she is always making funny little sounds, especially when she wakes up from a nap. She stretches and squeaks for a while before her eyes finally open (like her Daddy). She is a really good baby and I am so thankful I can be home with her all the time. 




A typical day at Casa de Clute....wake up, feed Charlotte, change her, put her in the bouncy seat while I shower and get dressed. I've managed to put on makeup a few times, but mostly I'm excited to just wash and blow dry my hair! If she is in a good mood I can actually make the bed or do other misc things around the bedroom before she starts crying. Then we head downstairs, feed H, grab tea, and something to eat. Right now my MIL takes her while I eat, but I will soon need to learn to do that one handed. My girl loves to be cuddled and doesn't like being left alone too long. Before I know it 2 hours has passed and the cycle starts over again: feed, change, soothe. If she naps then I will sometimes do a few chores around the house, or sometimes we will go out and run an errand. But sometimes she is having none of it and the only thing that gets her to relax is the exercise ball. You know, the ones at the gym you do abs on? We sit on that with her and bounce. It works like a charm (most of the time). I don't know why but she absolutely loves it. Maybe it is all the moving around I did while I was pregnant, or maybe she is an exercise junkie like us. Whatever the case, it seems to be the magical solution to any crying. We basically repeat this cycle until 8pm when we are off to bed. I feed her until she falls asleep (it is the only thing that works) and then she usually sleeps for 3 hours! Ahhh 3 hours in a row....it's the simple joys in life. 




I would like to take a second to say thanks to my wonderful hubby, my Mom, and my MIL for all their help these last few weeks! It would have been so much harder had they not been around. I probably would have showered once a week and lived off of granola bars and peanut butter. We would have made it, but Harley would have gone hungry a few times and the house would be a huge mess. Ahhh life with a baby.

A few more pictures of my girl....


nap time

in the harbor watching Daddy's ship leave

hanging out with Grandma
pulling on Mommy's hair!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Happy one month, Charlotte!!! Love the update! So glad everyone is doing well! xo

Samantha said...

She is just presh! I can't get over how much she looks like Matt! Happy 1 month month sweet little Charlotte!