Wednesday, November 7, 2012

best.gift.ever

While Jen and Jim were in town visiting and meeting Charlotte for the first time, they gave me/us the best.gift.ever. I don't even think I can put into words just how special and amazing this gift is. Fellow bloggers and Moms, you will love this too!

When I first opened it this is what I saw...



I thought it was a photo album, but it is so much more than that. It is an album of all my blog posts that I wrote while I was pregnant!! Jen took all of them, including the photos, and put them into this album for us. (There were a lot of posts so I know it took a ton of time!!)


From day 1 when we found out there was a baby on board, to Charlotte's birth story, it is all there for us to look back on, read, and treasure forever. It is something I hope Charlotte will enjoy reading when she is older. She will be able to see what we looked like, how I was feeling, what we were thinking about her, and just how big the belly got! 

A while back I was a little worried that all these blog posts would eventually just disappear into the internet black hole someday when I finally stopped writing this blog (my Grandma was even more concerned!). I am so happy to know that even if they do, the most important posts, those about our little girl, will be saved in this book! 

seriously made me tear up!
hilarious and awesome photo on the back!
Jen ~ I don't think I could ever thank you enough for giving us this gift. I would have loved to read something like this from my Mom so I know Charlotte is going to love this book. I would have never even thought to put together something like this (thank goodness we have you!). You are the best sister a girl could ask for and Charlotte is so lucky to have you as her Auntie. And seriously, you give the best gifts!! 

2 comments:

Magrid said...

Shannon, this is so awesome. What a wonderful gift and what a treasure to keep for little Charlotte. And Jen, super duper idea!

Meredith said...

That is SUCH a great idea!!! I love it!!