Thursday, November 8, 2012

happy 2 months Charlotte!

Charlotte,

You are two months old today! Wow how time flies. I feel like just yesterday I was holding you in my arms for the first time, amazed at what we just went through and in awe of you. You have grown so much in the past few weeks. You now weigh 10lbs 3oz and are 22 inches long! You get bigger and more beautiful every single day! One minute I look at you and see a spitting image of your Daddy and the next I think maybe I see a mini me staring back at me. You are the perfect mix and we love you so much! 

Yay! Two Months Old!!

This past month was a big one for you, you gave us your first smile!!! 





You love to smile when you are getting your diaper changed. You hate being in a dirty diaper and absolutely LOVE being naked! You think it is the funnest thing in the whole world.



You also love getting a bath. As soon as you get in that nice warm water I start pouring it all over your belly and you immediately relax. You also started splashing in the water, which is too cute!




But boy do you hate getting out!! We have to do a quick transfer from the tub to the towel to minimize the tears. Once you are all bundled up you settle down and like getting dried off.




Here you are post bath making some big eyes at us! haha!


You also just started taking (and liking) the pacifier! We thought for sure you would be a thumb sucker or nothing at all since you refused them for weeks. But you just started discovering how wonderful sucking is and sometimes the pacifier helps you go to sleep.

not quite sure about it
One other thing you love (but I don't have a picture of) is the "superman". Basically I hold you over my head and say "wee" and you put your legs super straight and look all around. The flying baby. :)

This month you got to meet Uncle Jimbo, Aunt Jenny, and Aunt Nikki! They all flew out from Washington, DC just to spend time with you! You loved it!

seriously my favorite picture!

This month was also your first holiday, Halloween! You are too little to trick-or-treat so Nana and I just dressed you up in your Giraffe costume and took you to a pumpkin patch. I wanted to make sure we had some festive pictures of you!

omg look at that huge pumpkin!

Let's see....what else....your baby acne that plagued you during the first month is finally gone! Yay! I was worried it would stick around forever but it eventually faded away, along with your first diaper rash (no fun!). 

waking up from a nap

You are also becoming a better at taking naps. Sometimes you fight it, but typically you fall asleep for about 30 minutes, a few times a day. Just enough for Mommy to get some chores done around the house and maybe write a blog post. :) (yes you are napping right now!) And you are sleeping great at night! We are down to only two feedings in the middle of the night, one around 1am/2am and one around 4am/5am, then we get out of bed around 7am. This is much better than the feedings every two hours during your first month. More sleep for Mommy! You still want to eat every two hours during the day, which is fine. Instead of hanging out for an hour and eating, you are usually done in 15-20 minutes now.


And you and Harley are becoming best buds! He loves to give you kisses!!
BFFs!


In honor of your two month birthday, you got your first vaccination! Here you are, hating every minute of it. 

It is so wonderful to watch you grow and change every single day. Part of me can't wait for you to get bigger....watching you take your first steps, hearing your first words, and teaching you all about the world. But a bigger part of me wants you to stay my little baby forever!! I love just carrying you around the house and talking to you. I tell you stories, talk about what I'm doing or what I'm thinking. And you just love to listen. When I make funny noises or talk in a deep voice you get the most concerned yet curious look on your face. Your eyebrows get all scrunched up. It is the cutest thing ever! And for some reason you actually like it when I sing to you! I don't really know why, my voice is terrible, but you love it. When you are fussy and not wanting to settle down, sometimes singing a silly song works. 

We can't wait to see what you learn to do next month. You are a wonderful baby and we could not imagine our life without you. You are absolutely perfect and we love you so much! 

Love,
Mommy & Daddy

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Perfect blog post! Love it !! So glad to hear all the details - and can't wait to hear more ! xo AND we can't wait to meet Charlotte in July !!

Rachel Hall said...

Happy two months my beautiful granddaughter.
Hugs from grandma Rachel .