Friday, February 8, 2013

Happy 5 Months Charlotte!!

Happy 5 months my sweet girl!! Every time I blink you reach another milestone or get one month older. It is so much fun to watch you learn something new every single day. Discovering the world through your eyes is a wonderful experience for us all. Every new object or sound or place we visit brings you so much joy. Just the other day we went for a beautiful hike by the ocean and you were trying to stay awake as long as possible so you could look around at all the trees and waves. Eventually you could not fight it anymore and the sound of the ocean rocked you to sleep. And at the end of that hike my back was killing me! You now tip the scales at 16 lbs, 5 oz and are 25 inches long. You gained almost 2 lbs in the last month!! 


got that eyebrow arch down pat!



Here are some noteworthy events of the past month....

Your little hands have become claws. You reach out and grab everything! My hair, Harley's fur, my plate while I'm trying to eat dinner, and especially the iphone. You love the lights and it has become impossible for me to look at or use the phone if you are on my lap. And when I don't hand it over for you to chew on, you get angry. I have to quickly distract you with another shiny interesting object, like the remote. haha. And while your grip has improved, letting go is still very difficult. Once it is in your tiny little hands we must pry it out if we want to see it again. 


Here we are at the lighthouse, you have a fist full of my hair. Ouch! :)


and here you are with Harley's ear in your hands. haha


You have not started crawling yet, but I think you are close. When you are on your tummy you are reaching out for objects and if you can use my hands to push off, you scoot a little. In the meantime you love love love naked time.


strategically placed paper :) 

happy girl

You almost have the sitting up thing down pat. You are still working on your balance and sometimes lean too far back or to the sides, but you will figure it out soon enough. Until then you enjoy sitting in the bumbo and playing with your toys. 


Harley was interested in what you were doing

You absolutely LOVE the bouncer! It is your "baby jail" while I make breakfast or cook dinner, but usually you are ok with that. You lean to your left so your left foot touches the ground and use that to spring off and bounce like crazy! It is hilarious! And you love playing with all the toys around the bouncer. Watching you discover what each one does and then trying to get it into your mouth is awesome. I know your brain is growing like crazy!!

You are officially in 6 month clothes now. And Mommy finally got around to packing up the 3 month outfits you had outgrown. It was hard and I really didn't want to, but when Daddy tried to put you in a 3 month onesie and it wouldn't fit over your head I figured it was time. And I know you will be in 9 month clothes before I can blink! You are growing like a weed!


silly girl
Your new favorite way of communicating is by blowing raspberries (making fart noises with your mouth)! It is pretty funny and very messy. Instead of talking "ahh" you just spit at us. haha. You are discovering all the different noises you can make which will help you learn to talk.





spitting and grabbing the camera

You and I have started working out together! I signed up for Stroller Strides and we have been to a few classes near our house. It is a group of Moms and their kids who get together and exercise. We do abs, squats, arm work and lots of running. You have successfully cried through half of the class both times we went (you prefer to be moving and do not appreciate it when the stroller stops). Thankfully the other Moms understand! And next month, when you reach the 6 month milestone, I plan to take you to the gym with me. I can take classes and you can go to daycare. My only concern is you will get sick from being around other kids, but fingers crossed that doesn't happen. Nobody likes to be sick.

You are still torturing Mommy by waking every few hours to eat at night. I am hoping that ends soon. I am seriously considering paying for "Mom's on Call" so we can sleep train you. I am so jealous of all the other babies out there who sleep through the night. Someday you will too, someday.


morning cuddles with the kids

You also discovered your feet this month!! You have figured out they are extensions of your body and not some random objects you have no control over. When I change you, you gladly grab your toes and spit at me. And when you are on my lap you are constantly reaching for them and putting them in your mouth. Harley also loves to lick them clean for you too, and boy do you think that is hilarious!


"ooo feet!"
I also discovered your unique belly button. It looks like a starfish! Note to self: loosen the elastic bands on this diaper! :)



Super big milestone: You had your first taste of real food this month....bananas! Mommy pureed them with a little bit of breast milk and you loved it! Well, you actually loved the bib more than anything else. We had to keep taking it out of your mouth so you would eat some of the food. And you actually kept a lot more of the bananas in your mouth than I thought you would. It did get all over your face (which Harley helped clean up) but you managed to swallow a lot. We aren't feeding solids to you all the time yet. I'm not sure Mommy is ready, my resistance to you growing up. 

enjoying squash for dinner

You are laughing so much more now! Just the other day you started laughing at me for no reason. I asked you "what was so funny?" and you started giggling like crazy. You also think "doggy" is a funny word and I can usually get you going by repeating it. Doggy. Doggy. Doggy!


look at this silly doggy!! he has on some cute ear muffs! :)
This month you got to meet your other Great Grandma, GGMA Dot! Grandma Clute and GGMA Dot came to Monterey and spent a week with us. 
playing with GGMA Dot
We went out to dinner near Big Sur where we got to watch a beautiful sunset!








We also made a trip to the famous Monterey Aquarium! You loved looking at all the fish, especially the jelly fish! You were mesmerized by all the colors and movement. We got an annual pass so we will be going back a lot over the next year. 

Daddy and Charlotte

jellyfish!!

cute seals relaxing on the beach

You also got to watch your first Superbowl! And your favorite team, the 49ers, played in it this year, which made it all the more special. Unfortunately they did not win, maybe next year!


you and Daddy all ready for the game!
post nap....so cute!

We can't believe you are 5 months old!


Charlotte, you are an amazing little girl. Soo smart and beautiful!! We are so lucky to be your parents, to be able to spend every day with you. We love you so much and can't wait to see what new and unique things you learn next month. 

Love,
Mommy and Daddy

1 comment:

Samantha said...

She is so sweet! I can't believe she is 5 months already. Pretty soon you're going to be chasing her all over the place! :) I love Harley's ear muffs...too funny!! xo