Tuesday, April 23, 2013

mommy brain at its finest

A month ago I bought a Shutterfly deal that gave me half off a photo book. I usually do the creative memories albums, customizing them and doing everything myself, but I wanted to give these albums a shot. Scrapbooking can take a looooong time and these days I have very little crafty time so anything that speed things along is ideal. And because the coupon expired mid April I actually had a deadline! I chose to put together a photo book of our Australia and New Zealand trip. It was a wonderful vacation with a lot of beautiful pictures that we wish we could put up all over the house, so being able to see them in the album anytime we want was perfect.

I spent a week or more creating the album (1 hour work sessions here and there). Even though it was all online it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. There were a lot of ways to customize it and edit it, which I loved! And after showing off the final product to Matt - and getting his approval - I sent it in to get printed. 

We finally got it in the mail a few days ago and as I am taking it out of the package Matt points out the cover......


and the back...
back quote "the world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page" - St. Augustine


Beautiful? yes. 2012?? NO! We went to Australia and New Zealand in 2011!! DAH!! I must have looked this book over 50+ times and never once did I notice that. I thought for sure I would misspell something, somewhere, but nope, just got the wrong year. I am going to blame Mommy brain. LOL. I really want to take a sharpie to that but Matt says to just leave it. In 20 years it will be a pretty funny story.....if we can even remember it is incorrect! hahaha. 

And the reason for the Mommy brain....
worth every silly moment :)

No comments: