Wednesday, May 8, 2013

happy 8 months Charlotte!!

Miss Charlotte,

Today you are 8 months old. Again I ask, where oh where has the time gone? My little baby is turning into a big girl before my eyes. Every time I blink you are learning something new, or babbling a new word. I think about where we were 8 months ago and I smile. What an amazing journey so far. And I know things will only get better.

photo shoot in the garden



Since you did not have a doctor's appointment this month, we had to do a non scientific weigh in at home. You are roughly 20lbs and 28 inches long. It was really hard to measure you when you kept wiggling! 



And what a mover and shaker you have become. Your big accomplishment of the month...CRAWLING!! Watch out world, here comes Charlotte!! I just knew you would figure it out, and now I am silently regretting all the encouraging we have done. I miss my immobile baby. I have to constantly worry when I walk away from you for a second. You roll and scoot and make your way around the living room like a mad woman. Especially when the remote is on the floor! I am waiting for the day when you sneak up on Harley and scare him half to death. I sure hope I can capture that on video! Speaking of video, here is one of you crawling....


video


You also said another word....NANA! We were sitting at the dinner table and you just started jabbering away. I quickly grabbed my phone so I could capture the moment. And then I sent it over to Nana to enjoy! I bet she was smiling ear to ear. 

video

You are still happily enjoying dinner with us, and I am now trying to get you used to breakfast. I don't know if you nurse too close to breakfast time or if you just aren't interested, but so far you are not a fan. You swallow a few bites for good measure, but then start shaking your head no and giving me "the look" until I give up. 


something you are a fan of.....the chargers!! All decked out for the draft!

And you have a new "most hated" food. Peas. I made a delicious (just ask Harley) dish of pureed peas and you were having none. of. it. You took a few bites, made a nasty looking face, and when I tried to get you to keep eating you threw it all up. You are definitely your father's daughter. He did the exact same thing when he was growing up. I didn't think a dislike of peas was genetic, however I have been proven wrong. haha. But as you know, Mommy does not let perfectly good food go to waste, so I added apples, pears, and bananas to the pea puree and bam, you love it. Yummy fruit to cover up the pea taste = success!


hanging out at stroller strides

We went wine tasting again this month. You loved it. Little lush :).


give me that glass!



And we got to go visit Nana. It was so hot that we spent most of the weekend in the pool! (a whole separate post about this trip coming soon!!)




This month we took you on your first hike at Garland Ranch! We finally purchased a baby hiking backpack and just had to try it out. It went so well that two weeks later we followed it up with a 3 hour hike in Big Sur. Seriously, not sure what we were thinking there, even Mommy was ready for a shower and a nap by the end. But it was wonderful to be outside, see the beautiful views, and get a workout in at the same time. 


H came with us too!

family selfie

finally at the top!
beautiful view
You have finally started napping in your crib again! After a week of short naps in the swing and one cranky baby we decided it was time to force the issue. The first day was awful. You cried for almost an hour, but eventually you fell asleep. And since then it has been so much better!!! You barely cry and you sleep for over an hour at each nap. You are so happy when you wake up and easier to deal with too. Nobody likes to be tired and cranky. Eventually we will try this sleep in your crib at night thing. Someday. For now, I have come to accept things as they are. You sleep in our bed, I still feed you at night, but that is ok. You will only be this little once and I plan to just enjoy every single moment I get with you. You are my little snuggle bunny and I love it. 


getting ready for bed
Every time I write your monthly post I am reminded of the Darius Rucker song "It won't be like this for long"


He didn't have to wake up
He'd been up all night
Layin’ there in bed listenin’
To his new born baby cry
He makes a pot of coffee
He splashes water on his face
His wife gives him a kiss and says
It gonna be OK

It won’t be like this for long
One day we'll look back laughin’
At the week we brought her home
This phase is gonna fly by
So baby just hold on
‘Cause it won't be like this for long

Gosh, how true those words are. Those phases, good and bad, fly by way too fast. That is why I try to capture and remember all these little moments and milestones. 

rocks!!!


We love you more than you can ever imagine. Happy 8 months!

Love, 
Mommy & Daddy

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Aww!! Your post made me cry! At work in full makeup, I might add! Happy 8 months, Charlotte! We can't wait to see you in July!!!!