Because carbs and dessert were a big part of our diet (especially while I was pregnant), cutting those out meant we had to get a little more creative in the kitchen. I had to dust off some of my Paleo recipes, ask friends for recommendations, and scour the internet for tasty treats. And we both had to be more openminded to trying some interesting concoctions. Today I am sharing two of my favorite dinner dishes. Sadly, I am not creative enough to come up with these on my own, maybe someday I will have the time and patience to do that. But man am I grateful for the internet, seriously, how did we ever live without it?
I hope you all enjoy these recipes!
we usually make turkey burgers to go with these....yum!
Ingredients: (makes 4 buns)
- 4 cups grated raw cauliflower
- 4 Tbsp almond flour
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- curry powder - I add this and love it!
1. Mix ingredients together. If it is too moist add a little more flour.
2. Shape and flatten on a well oiled cookie sheet
3. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes, then broil for 5 additional minutes until golden brown.
|thank you 'live right be healthy' blog|
Honey Ginger Apple Shredded Pork - crock pot dish!
- 2lbs pork shoulder roast (or loin)
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 apples, cored and sliced
- 2/3 cup beef or chicken broth (or water)
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tbsp freshly grated ginger (or ground ginger)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 bay leaf
1. Add broth or water, onions, then pork, then apples then all your spices/garlic/bay leaf
2. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 6-8 hours.
3. Use a fork or tongs to shred the pork and enjoy!