Wednesday, October 9, 2013

My 1st Liebster Award!!



When I got back from our little mini RV trip I saw the most wonderful email in my inbox....Samantha over at a modern navy wife, nominated me for a Liebster award! Honestly, I had no idea what it meant, but I was excited. Award = awesome! So I read her blog post and looked around on the internet to learn more about it. Basically, it is a great way for blogs to get a little exposure and gain more readers. And an even better way for all of you to get to know me a little better. So, let's get started!



Random facts about me:

~ I am not very flexible, never have been.
~ My teeth are super sensitive, so I have never been a big ice cream fan
~ I prefer a super hot shower over a bath 
~ tequila and I haven't been on speaking terms for years
~ I still sleep with my maternity pillow! It is so snuggly!!
~ Abraham Lincoln is my 8th (or 9th?) cousin. For reals.
~ I want to cage dive with great white sharks in South Africa. And my bestie Jessica.
~ I love country music and line dancing. I am actually pretty coordinated in the dancing dept.
~ I actually hated English in school. And somehow I blog. Doesn't feel quite the same tho :)
~ I'm not allergic to anything.
~ I love to wind down at night by reading a book in bed. Helps me relax and sleep better. 



1. What are the hopes and dreams you have for your blog? It's funny, I started this blog for my hubby and my family. Being a military wife we move around a lot and I wanted a way for all of them to see what we were up to. And during deployment it was easier for Matt to get online and check the blog than to make a phone call! But since that time (almost two years ago!) the blog has grown in its following and evolved a lot. I would like to keep it going (hopefully for a long time) and gain even more followers. And someday, I want to be able to show it to my kids. It is basically a journal of our lives and I hope they will enjoy reading it when they get older. 

2. What is the one piece in your closet that you cannot live without? My Ugg slippers. I wear them all the time. When it's warm, but especially when it's cold. I HATE cold feet!! And I love the soft cozy feeling of a good pair of Uggs. I can easily wear out a pair within a year. 





3. What is the best book you have ever read? Why is it your favorite? Dragon Tattoo series. Could not put those books down. I was obsessed! It wasn't predictable, had a lot of action, and fabulous characters. They need to hurry up and make the other movies already!

4. What is your favorite comfort food? Pastries. Pies. Croissants. Mmmmm. No surprise here, pretty much all my pregnancy posts included some reference to pastries. haha.


5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Lake Tahoe. Close to family, great skiing, on a beautiful lake, fun summer activities, and lots and lots of trees! Plus we could build a real log cabin type of house. We hope to retire here someday, on the Nevada side of the lake, specifically Incline Village. Now we just need to start saving our pennies! 





6. If you could have any job what would it be? A Veterinarian ...as long as I didn't have to do the surgeries or put any animals down. I love animals, and I would love to work with them every single day! But I really don't think I could put one down. Just soooo sad!




7. Who is your celebrity crush? Jon Hamm from Mad Men. Tall, Dark and Handsome. Delicious. 




8. iPhone or Android? iPhone!

9. Are you a purger or a pack rat? If you ask my husband he would say pack rat. I would say I am happily somewhere in the middle. I will willingly purge things we don't need. Our house is clean and organized, and while our storage shed is full, it is all stuff we use. BUT, I am a terrible pack rat when it comes to sentimental items. Cards people send me, pictures, little mementos from trips, stuffed animals (as a kid). I just can't bear to throw any of them away!! I have shoe boxes full of cards!

10. What did you want to be when you were little? A firefighter. Both my Papa and my Dad were firefighters and once I was old enough to go on ride alongs I was hooked! It was so thrilling to ride in the truck with the lights and sirens, speeding down the highway, not sure what awaits us. And being able to help people in their time of need. The adrenaline rush is like no other. 




11. If they were going to make a movie about your life, who would you want to play you? Jennifer Anniston. I love her. Needless to say, Angelina Jolie is not my favorite (altho her movies are awesome). Team Aniston!!

Now it's time to nominate a few of my favorite bloggers:

Meredith @ The Green Life
Kim @ a little bit of this
Katie @ Moore from Katie
Tracy @ just grow with it
Sarah @ A Lovely Little Life

Your questions....

1. What is your very first memory?
2. Favorite guilty pleasure show?
3. All time favorite band?
4. What is your most treasured possession?
5. Vanilla ice cream or Chocolate ice cream?
6. If money was no object, where would be your next vacation spot?
7. What is your favorite holiday? Why?
8. Tell us the story of how you met your hubby.
9. Cat or Dog? Why?
10. Morning person or night person?
11. What do you love most about blogging? 


Info about Liebster Award

Have fun!!

3 comments:

The Little Bit said...

Thank you for nominating me, Shannon! I am about to post mine! <3

Lorraine Reguly said...

Congratulations on your award!

Thanks, too, for linking to my blog! :)

Lorraine Reguly said...

Hi! I am leaving this comment because I would like for you to update your Liebster Award post with the correct link. I am going to be deleting my old site (Lorraine Reguly’s Life) and so would really appreciate it if you could update your post with a link to Wording Well. This is my new site, and because I have moved my “old” post to my “new” site, you will be left with a broken link if you don’t change it. I don’t want this to happen! Besides, http://wordingwell.com/the-liebster-award-the-official-rules-my-first-blog-award-and-a-few-personal-secrets-revealed/ is still the same post it always was, but the domain name has changed. This may not seem like a big deal to you, but it is to me. The internet is forever - or at least until we change things, so, please, can you change this for me? (Thanks!)