Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Half way!!

 I cannot believe we are already half way through this pregnancy! The baby is growing and starting to really move around. My belly has definitely "popped" in the last few weeks. Girls at the gym have noticed and some of the instructors go a tad easier on me. After doing bootcamp while prego with C, I can hang with everyone else for a little while longer. Nothing compares to workouts with Bryan. Still miss those crazy classes. 

The second trimester is so easy and enjoyable I am really trying to soak it up. I can already see what will change come mid May: picking up Charlotte. Working out like normal. Ab exercises (just feels weird the bigger the baby gets). The way I walk (can we say waddle?). But hey, I'm growing a human, so that is pretty darn cool.

Here are a few bump photos....
she loves posing with the sign

finally found a decent spot for bumpie pics...the future nursery.

holding her belly


a blue shirt....is that a hint? lol

 a little comparison....

half way with C. Oh, blue shirt here too, prob not a hint then. Or is it?

And since I am half way, I figured it was time for a little q&a.... 

When is your due date?
8/5/15. This due date is pretty accurate so I think this baby will be on time, possibly early.
What week are you in?
20
How many pounds have you gained so far?
8lbs 9lbs. Just weight myself this morning.
Do you know the gender of your baby?
Maybe
Do you have a name picked out?
Nope. But we do have a short list. And pretty certain on a middle name, for boy or girl. We may be those people that wait until we meet the baby to choose a name. I hope we can decide before then though.
Is the child being named after someone?
Middle name is a family one, for boy or girl.
Who is going to be with you during delivery?
Hubby for sure.
Natural or medicated childbirth?
We are going all natural! In fact, we are doing a home birth. Hopefully another water birth too. Kinda nervous, but better to have the midwife drive to me than for me to drive while in labor. It was only 15 minutes to the birth center in San Diego and it was the longest drive of my life. The drive to the birth center here is 45 minutes. No.thank.you. 
How are you feeling right about now? 
I am feeling really great. Sometimes I forget I am pregnant! I can feel the baby a little, no drastic movements yet.
What was the first thing you bought for baby?
Nothing so far. Since this is our second we have a lot of what we need. My list of stuff to purchase is pretty short. 
How is this pregnancy different than your first?
Actually, it is pretty much the same. A little morning sickness, mostly nausea is the beginning and smooth sailing once the second trimester hit. It could have been much worse and I am so glad it isn't. 
Pregnancy symptom you dislike the most?
First trimester: morning sickness, even if it is just mild nausea. Second trimester: pregnancy acne. Ugh. 
Do you feel you are ready to be a mommy of two?
Some days I think it will be easy but busy, and some days I think I'm nuts to have two. haha. It's going to be awesome no matter what, hectic of course, but I am confident we can handle it. Do we even have a choice?! :)
Are you excited or scared about delivery?
A little nervous, especially since I have already been through it once before. I know I can do it, and it will all be worth it in the end. (I just have to keep telling that to myself)
Any food cravings?
donuts and decaf coffee from DD. I drive by it every day. Torture. And scones from Panera. Mmmm

Me and C on a little snack date at Panera. Feeding that craving!
Is Charlotte excited to be a big sister?
Yes I think she is thrilled. She talks to the baby and kisses my belly all the time. I know she will be a wonderful big sister. Hopefully she isn't too shocked when the baby never leaves our house. haha.

Here is a little recap of the last few weeks....
We haven't really been up to anything exciting. It was cold for a while but it looks like we are finally saying goodbye to winter and hello to spring. 
our last storm. that's what I think anyways.
and during the storm we put together a presidential puzzle we got from Mt Rushmore. 

poor little sick C. double ear infection. :(
Harley was feeling a little under the weather too. 

opening presents from Auntie Kathy. 

She thought it was her birthday!

 A few days after that storm we got warm weather!! 
on the deck enjoying the 60 weather!!

I realized I wasn't going to make it through this pregnancy without a few additional maternity clothes items, specifically a bathing suit and some shorts. So off we went to the mall in search of some stuff for Mommy. And in return for being patient, Charlotte got to ride some of the rides at the mall. She had a wonderful time. 
her favorite! 
driving the train

annoyed we had to stop and try on some clothes for me.

sleeping baby

We also recently added a new member to the family...Daddy's new car! It was time to upgrade from our 2002 Honda Accord I had in college. 13 years is a long time. Plus this will make the hour commute a lot nicer. 



This last weekend Meredith and her kiddos came by and we spent the day together dying eggs and the girls played and played.
group shot

stacking blocks together 
first year coloring eggs!


cuties
hugs bye bye

kisses for H


We also got to see family....
cousins! You can see the resemblance 

coloring Aunt Jenny's birthday card
being silly with Daddy

gymnastics!
Here is a little video to remind you to never take yourself too seriously and to always dance any chance you get.  video

We leave for our trip in less than 2 weeks, so I won't be writing any posts for a while. BUT, when we get back I have a few fun ones planned: recap of hawaii (what...you don't want to see those pics?) and gender reveal!! 

No comments: