Thursday, May 14, 2015

dear baby girl....

sweet girl,

I am currently 27 weeks pregnant with you, just starting the third trimester. It is hard to believe that you will be here in 3 short months. It seems like just yesterday we were finding out we were pregnant with you! And while sometimes I forget I'm pregnant, you tend to remind me often enough with little kicks and jabs in my lower belly, especially at night. I hope this doesn't mean you will be a night owl. I remember when I could first feel you in there. In the morning I could feel you pushed up against my belly, a little hard lump about the size of a golf ball. You have now grown to the size of my hand, and I am sure that is just your tushy and back I feel. Before I know it I will be holding you in my arms. Wow.   

Someone else is very excited to meet you too (besides Daddy of course)...your sister Charlotte. I am sure you feel her little pokes and jabs when she is climbing all over me, not to mention her little voice. She tries to peek into my belly button to see what you are doing in there. "Kicking and wiggling" she tell me, sounds about right. And while I know you girls won't always get along, I hope you are as close as can be and the best of friends. Having a sister is a very special gift. 

I am so curious to see what you look like, what your personality will be like, etc. Right now I can only imagine an exact replica of Charlotte coming out, but I know that is not the case. I am very different from my sister and I know you will be different from C too. Hopefully that also means you will be an easy baby :). No matter what you will always be special and unique and very loved by all of us...you already are. 

See you in a few months little one. 

Love Always,
Mommy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Some of these pictures are repeats, but I wanted to include them in this little "bump" update anyways. Plus, perhaps you can see a little growth as time progresses. And I know I say this every time, but gosh the belly sure feels bigger than it looks in these photos! I almost can't imagine it being any bigger, and yet I still have 3 months to go. I also think it feels bigger than my first pregnancy but again I am proven wrong when I pull out the other photos (as I did here below too). Maybe it is because this little peanut is sitting much lower than Charlotte did?! All I know is that bending over is hard work, and I never had a problem sneezing before and now the occasional ah-choo could mean a little pee comes out. lol. I obviously need to be working on my kegel exercises. Oh, I think maybe now is a good time. (hold for 10 seconds...release for 10....repeat). haha. 

Bumpies from week 22 to 27.....
22 weeks. Five Months

22 weeks. Five Months

23 weeks with Charlotte. Also on vacation...in SF

23.5 weeks. Kisses from Sissy

23.5 weeks
24 weeks with Charlotte


the sign says it all here, 25 weeks. 2 weeks until the third trimester!

27 weeks! happy third trimester!!



When is your due date?
8/5/15. I think she will be early or right on time
What week are you in?
27! Just starting the 3rd trimester!
How many pounds have you gained so far?
20lbs (same as with C)
Do you know the gender of your baby?
I'm told it's a girl, but for some reason I am paranoid they are wrong. haha. I hope to get another ultrasound towards the end to check baby's position and make sure she is really a girl. 
Do you have a name picked out?
nope. a short list but nothing for sure, kinda nerve racking haha
How are you feeling right about now? 
I am still feeling really good. I am still able to work out regularly with minor adjustments. I had to cut back a lot at this time when I was pregnant with C, so I am glad I am still able to keep going right now. Walking on a treadmill or stair master can get old after a while.
Do you feel you are ready for her arrival?
hahaha. kinda. I am excited for her arrival, but we are not quite set up just yet. I actually ordered the crib and dresser this week....finally!! I think that will make it a lot more real. There is still a lot to do, most of which will end up getting completed in the last month I'm sure. 
Any food cravings?
now that it's hotter out, fro-yo sounds amazing for dessert. Oh and sandwiches. I sound like Joey from Friends. Sandwiches and chips. yum. And fruit. Fruit never tasted so delicious.
First thing you plan to eat or drink after having the baby?
Wine! I have had lots of wine cravings lately, so I am going to savor my first post pregnancy glass. mmm.
Any random comments or unwanted belly rubs?
Yes Rachel keeps telling me how huge I am and that she just can't imagine how my belly can get any bigger. Thanks. Even Matt knows better than to ever tell a woman she looks huge.

No comments: