Thursday, July 30, 2015

the nursery reveal!

I wanted to get this post out sooner, but the nursery was never "done". Well technically it still isn't. I am waiting on a second floating shelf, which is supposed to arrive tomorrow, a nightstand which should arrive in the next few weeks, and eventually hanging pictures above the dresser. Considering I am 39 weeks pregnant and baby could come any day now,  I figured the time was right to post this, along with a few bumpie pictures!

First I want to start with the inspiration for this nursery...the crib sheet. We knew we wanted to go with purple instead of pink since Charlotte's room is pink, and when I found this bedding I was beyond thrilled! Purple and gold was just what I wanted. (I would say "we" but we all know Matt didn't care too much. He only had a big opinion on the wall color).

that little pink octopus in the corner was selected for baby sister by Charlotte when we went to the Aquarium :)

painting the room!!

floating shelf will complete the wall on the left

any array of pictures will complete this wall (once we get some newborn pics)

when she finally gets a name, we plan to get her name above the tassel,  just like Charlotte has


a little panoramic. lighting is funny but you get the idea.

And now time for some bump photos!

Charlotte being silly in sister's bed!


somehow managed to coordinate my outfit with the room. haha

when will she get here? I don't know!!

super excited big sister and daddy

Where the goodies came from:

Paint: SW Elation
Crib Sheet and Changing Pad cover: Caden Lane 
Crib skirt & diaper caddy basket: Pottery Barn
Crib & Nightstand: Buy Buy Baby Munire Brunswick Collection (exact same as Munire Medford, but much cheaper when purchased at BBB, weird and awesome)
Dresser: Baby Cache Harbor (Babies R Us)
Purple Pillow: Home Goods
Tassel: Etsy Fancy Face Studio
Floating Shelves: Amazon Welland Dover Wall Shelf


It was nice to be able to take the time and thought to put together this nursery. When Charlotte was born we didn't have a designated nursery for her since we were in transition and about to move. Her furniture stayed in the box until we got to Monterey (not that she needed it anyways). For this baby it has been a steady and fun process. I find myself just going in to look and stare at it. I hope baby loves it as much as we all do. I know Charlotte loves it, she says she plans to sleep in sister's bed with her and have a little slumber party. Someday :)

No comments: