Thursday, February 4, 2016

Happy 6 Months Norah!!

Norah ~

Happy 6 months sweet girl! 

For your photo shoot this month I went with a Hawaii theme. A onesie from Kauai and a headband from Maui. The first things we bought you once we found out you were a girl! Ah memories!!

how old am I? I can't see the sticker!

me? 6 months?! no way!!

I seriously cannot believe you are already half a year old. I have no idea where the time has gone. It seems like yesterday you were a newbie, sleeping all day long and snuggling with me non stop. (You actually decided to snuggle with me on the couch yesterday. OMG so cute. I couldn't stop staring at your face while you slept) It is amazing to watch you grow and change every single day. You are so wiggly, wanting to be crawling or moving about so bad. I know we will be in trouble once you start crawling. Oh my. I forget what life is like with baby gates everywhere but know I will be reminded very soon. 


me? trouble? no.

You now weigh 16 lbs and are 25.5 inches long. 50% for weight and 30% for height. 


one future heartbreaker and one whaley cute baby

You have a super baby grip, constantly grabbing on to hair or shirts or anything within your reach. A little koala bear. You are not a fan of tummy time, but tolerate it occasionally. And you have recently started swinging your arms around, sometimes even whacking yourself in the face. It doesn't seem to bother you either. I guess you are just learning to control them. 

You are still a drooling, chewing, and sometimes fussy machine. I can see those bottom teeth but none have popped through yet. I wish they would, I think you would be much happier. 






We have not started you on any solids yet. When the opportunity arises we let you try new foods. You have nibbled on avocado, bananas and applesauce. You always want to eat when we are all sitting down for a meal together. But you make the funniest faces!! 



video


I think we are going to do baby led weaning with you. I don't think I have the energy or time to puree foods for you like I did for Charlotte. Plus, I feel like it is a waste until 9 months or more. It's practice, which is great, but not needed for nutritional value. 


Your big accomplishment this month is being able to sit up on your own! You do, occasionally, fall back but it's rare. You are much more stable than you used to be and so happy to be a part of the party now. You were getting sick and tired of lying on your back playing with toys. Sitting up is like a whole new world!

trying to get those toes from a new angle

distracted by the chair. it's the little things in life



You also love time in your bouncer. You still can't touch your feet on the ground, even on the lowest setting. Soon enough my dear, soon enough. Then you will really be having a blast in that.



the fur boots helped yo to occasionally touch the ground



We celebrated our second Christmas this month. You, your sister and cousin Jack are the most adorable kiddos in the world. Who else could rock monster pants like this?!




Nana came to visit you this month. It's hard to believe it has been 5 months since she saw you last. You really enjoyed spending time with her, and Mommy was happy to have some help. I was actually able to go shopping and try on a few things! 

Nana and her girls

asleep in Nana's lap



You also saw your very first snow this month! For Mommy (who grew up on the west coast where it didn't snow) this was a super big deal. I don't think I even saw snow falling until I was at least a teenager. For you, snow will be just a regular occurrence. No big deal. Charlotte sure was excited to go out and play in it. Next year will be so much fun with both of you out exploring the snow. 






I can finally say that your room is complete!! The last piece came mid January....

the beautiful name sign. Purple?

or gold?

we also hung the other shelf and pictures


I just can't decide between the two....who am I kidding, I could care less.

Goals for you for next month: learn to take a bottle and no more swing. I want you to be able to drink some breast milk from a bottle so Mommy and Daddy can maybe have the chance to go out for dinner or a date. You prefer Mommy's milk from the source, which is fine, but it definitely limits us. And the swing. Right now you take all your naps in it. It might be a tough one to break. Might take more than a month. You are perfectly capable and it would only mean a few tough days/nights but then again why give up something that works? You really enjoying sleeping in it.





All these things: swing, solids, etc just remind me that you are growing up. And Mommy does not like that at all. I can't believe you are six months old!!

Here are some more adorable pictures of you from this month:
checking everything out at gymnastics

story time with sister

twinnie day!!

out for a walk....in January!!

Mmmm toes.

enjoying your first time in the high chair

you really are the best baby sister

taking a turn at the guitar!

C on vocals, N on xylophone

sing it Norah! "Let is go..." 
one of my favorites of you girls.



Your sweet and smiley little personality is really starting to show. You are a beautiful little baby and we just love you so much!


Love,
Mommy & Daddy


When I asked Charlotte if there was anything she wanted to say to you Norah, this is what she told me:

I love her! I want to give her baby treats! And kisses! And make her laugh! haha

No comments: